Aroma Housewares is a well-known brand that produces various kitchen appliances, from rice cookers to food steamers and countertop ovens. Aroma rice cookers are designed to simplify the process of cooking rice.
Their rice cookers come in different sizes and models, ranging from simple one-button operation to advanced features such as digital displays, multi-cooking functions, and delay timers.
After making a delicious meal with an Aroma rice cooker, cleaning it to maintain its optimal performance is necessary. In this article, we will assist you with the cleaning guide for the Aroma rice cooker. So, let’s begin!
Table of Contents
How to use an Aroma Rice Cooker?
If you don’t use a rice cooker correctly, the rice may be uncooked or overcooked. It could affect the taste and texture of the rice, making it unpalatable. We have covered a detailed guide on using a specific aroma rice cooker model for perfect rice cooking.
In a Nutshell
Here are simple steps to follow when using an Aroma rice cooker.
- Rinse the rice thoroughly in the strainer to remove excess starch and any debris.
- Add rice to the inner cooking pot of the cooker.
- Then put an appropriate amount of water. The water-to-rice ratio can vary depending on the type of rice and personal preference.
- Close the lid of the rice cooker and plug it in. Select the cooking setting or program according to the type of rice.
- Press the start button to begin the cooking process.
- Once the cooking process is complete, the Aroma rice cooker will automatically switch to the keep-warm mode.
- Allow the rice to sit in the cooker for a few minutes, and fluff the rice with a fork or rice paddle.
How to Clean Aroma Rice Cooker: Easy Cleaning Guide
When you make a yummy rice meal, it’s time to clean your Aroma Rice cooker. It is essential to clean your rice cooker to remove any food debris or residual starch which may get struck during the cooking process.
Secondly, regular cleaning of your rice cooker will help to prevent the build-up of germs that can thrive in moist environments. This build-up could be harmful to your health.
Now let’s begin with our main topic and go through the steps of cleaning the Aroma rice cooker.
What You’ll Need
Step by step Instructions to Clean the Aroma Rice Cooker
1. Unplug the Aroma rice cooker
The first and most crucial step is to unplug your aroma rice cooker and let it cool down if you use it before cooking.
2. Clean the inner pot
Please remove the inner pot from the rice cooker and wash it with soapy water. Ensure you don’t put excessive pressure on the pot as it damages its quality. Rinse the inner cooking pot thoroughly with clean water and dry it with a cloth.
3. Wipe the Underside of the Lid
To clean the underside of the lid of the rice cooker, follow these simple steps:
- First, detach the inner top from the shaft by gently pulling it outwards.
- Next, wipe the underside of the lid with a warm and damp cloth, and dry it with a dry towel.
- Now install the inner top to the outer cover by pressing it over the inner lid shaft.
- Make sure that the small side of the inner lid seal faces you with the outer lid open for proper installation.
After cleaning the lid’s underside, let’s move toward the next step to clean the condensation collector.
4. Tidy up the condensation collector
The condensation collector is to collect any excess moisture from the lid, preventing it from dripping into the rice or causing spills.
- To clean the condensation collector, look for the “Push” arrow on the collector and press in that area to remove it from the rice cooker.
- Empty the collected moisture and wash the collector with warm, soapy water.
- Then use a soft cloth to dry it.
5. Clean the Heating Plate
When cleaning the heating plate, ensure it has completely cooled down. To clean it, use a moist cloth to rub the surface of the heating plate gently. Then use a dry cloth to remove any remaining dampness from the heating plate.
6. Dry all the elements
In the last step, wipe down the exterior of the rice cooker with a damp cloth. And let all the elements dry appropriately before assembling them.
How to deep clean the stainless-steel inner pot of an Aroma rice cooker?
To deep clean the stainless steel inner pot, use a vinegar solution. Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water in a container. Then, pour the solution into the inner pot and run the cooker for the 30-minute cooking cycle. It’s important to manually set a timer as the solution won’t fully evaporate and automatically allow the cooker to switch to Warm mode.
After 30 minutes, manually switch the cooker to Warm and allow the inner pot to sit for almost 10 minutes. Once the time is complete, remove the inner pot and wash it with warm, soapy water before returning it to the cooker.
Are Aroma Rice Cookers Dishwasher Safe?
No, Aroma Rice Cookers are not dishwasher safe. The water and detergent may damage the rice cooker’s heating element and electrical components. So as a result, it can cause the appliance to malfunction or stop working altogether. Wash the inner pot and wipe the exterior with a damp cloth to clean an Aroma rice cooker.
Aroma rice cookers are known for their quality and best working. But to ensure that your Aroma rice cooker is well-maintained and has a longer lifespan, it’s essential to understand its cleaning guide properly.
However, remember not to use harsh chemicals or solutions to clean the cooker, as they can damage the nonstick coatings of the inner pot. Clean your rice cooker and make delicious recipes by keeping their fresh taste.
The rice cookers may malfunction after years of usage. If your Aroma rice cooker stop working, here are seven fixes for you to try!
How to clean the steam vent on an Aroma rice cooker?
To clean the rice cooker’s steam value, remove it from the cooker, then wash it in soapy water.
How do you clean the interior of the Aroma rice cooker?
If you want to enjoy the longevity of the inner pot and prevent damage over time, Aroma Housewares suggest hand washing it with warm, soapy water. While cleaning the inner pot in a dishwasher is possible, it may lead to slight discoloration.
Is it ok to wash a rice cooker?
Yes, it is generally safe to wash a rice cooker. It is essential to clean the rice cooker after each use to maintain its hygiene and longevity.