A clean kitchen is the secret ingredient to a nourished soul. A clean environment positively impacts our mental well-being and overall happiness. It made us humans focus on our cooking meal process without being distracted by cluttered space. When keeping the kitchen clean, an essential appliance that requires your regular attention is the Tiger rice cooker.
Cleaning your Tiger rice cooker is essential. First, it ensures the rice cooker is working properly. Secondly, it helps prevent dirt, grime, and food residue buildup. These things affect the taste and quality of the cooked rice. Lastly, keeping the rice cooker clean promotes good hygiene. So now don’t avoid cleaning your Tiger rice cooker. Do you know the proper cleaning process for Tiger rice cookers? NO? Don’t worry; I’m here to help you with this.
In this article, I will provide a step-by-step guide on properly cleaning your Tiger rice cooker and a brief method of adequately using this rice cooker. So, are you ready? Then let’s begin!
Table of Contents
How to Use a Tiger Rice Cooker?
First, let’s learn how to use this incredible rice cooker. It is straightforward to use a tiger rice cooker. Follow these instructions for using Tiger Rice Cooker.
- Measure the Rice: Use the provided rice cooker cup to measure the rice you want to make.
- Rinse the Rice: Place the rice in the inner pot and rinse it thoroughly. Swirl the rice with your hand and pour out the cloudy water. Repeat until the water runs almost clear.
- Add Water: Add the appropriate amount of water to the pot based on the type of rice you’re cooking. The general ratio is 1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water. But it’s slightly different for wild rice or basmati rice.
- Add your ingredients: Put the inner pot back into the rice cooker and add other ingredients like salt, pepper or other ingredients you want.
- Plug in the Tiger Rice cooker: Now close the lid securely. Plug in your Tiger rice cooker and press the power button. Set the cooking setting, and there you go.
- Serve & enjoy: The Tiger Rice cooker will automatically switch to “Keep Warm” mode after cooking. Then Serve and enjoy eating delicious rice.
Step-by-Step Instructions to Clean a Tiger Rice Cooker
A well-maintained rice cooker ensures optimal performance and deliciously cooked rice every time. This ultimately increases the lifespan of the cooker. Follow these step-by-step instructions to clean your Tiger Rice Cooker thoroughly.
Things You’ll Need
Instructions to Follow
Here are the step-by-step instructions to properly clean the Tiger rice cooker. Make sure you follow every step for better results in the end.
Before starting the cleaning process, follow the steps below to get prepared.
- Unplug the Rice Cooker and Allow it to Cool: For safety reasons, you first have to unplug your Tiger Rice Cooker and allow it to cool down entirely by removing its lid. However, you don’t have to wait to cool down if it was used a few hours ago.
- Empty the Rice Cooker: Before you start cleaning, ensure your Rice Cooker is empty, with no leftover rice or food in it.
- Prepare the Cleaning Solution: Now, make a cleaning solution. Add dishwashing liquid and hot water. If you have chlorine bleach, add two tablespoons of chlorine bleach to sanitise the solution.
2. Cleaning of all the Removeable Parts
After you finish the pre-cleaning steps, disassemble the removable partsfrom the rice cooker easily. The removable parts may include a condensation collector, steamer tray, spoon, etc. Wash these removable parts by hand.
3. Inner Pot Cleaning
The inner pot is the main component of the rice cooker. It is where you add all your ingredients to cook them, so cleaning is essential. Follow these instructions to clean the inner pot of the Tiger rice cooker.
- Rinse the inner pot: First, rinse the inner pot with warm water to remove any loose rice particles or debris. If there are stubborn stains, you can soak the pot in warm soapy water to loosen them.
- Clean with a sponge: Now use the soft side of the sponge because the abrasive side can damage the inner pot, or you can use cloth and some dish soap or mild detergent or the prepared solution to clean the inner pot thoroughly.
- Wash and dry: Then, wash the inner pot with clean water to remove any soap residue. Dry it with a clean towel or air dry before placing it back into the rice cooker.
4. Exterior Cleaning
You don’t need to wash the exterior of the rice cooker for its cleaning. To do the exterior cleaning, here are steps to follow.
- Wiping the exterior: Use a cloth or sponge to wipe the exterior surface of the rice cooker. For stubborn stains, you can mix equal parts of water and vinegar or lemon juice and gently scrub the stains. It will help to remove stains easily.
- Wiping the Control panel: Gently clean the control panel area to avoid damaging the electronic components. Use a cotton swab or a soft brush to clean hard-to-reach areas if needed.
- Cleaning the Power cord: Wipe the power cord with a dry cloth to remove any dust or dirt.
5. Final Steps
After you are done with the cleaning process of the Tiger rice cooker, let all the components completely dry. Then reassemble them. Ensure you keep the rice cooker in a cool, dry place when not in use to prevent dust buildup and maintain its condition.
So now you have learnt the process of cleaning your Tiger Rice Cooker. Its cleaning will help you maintain its performance, increase its lifespan, and ensure your rice always tastes excellent. With regular cleaning and proper care, the Rice Cooker will continue to be a reliable kitchen companion, serving great dishes for you and your family. Happy cooking and cleaning!
1. Can I put the inner pot of my Tiger rice cooker in the dishwasher?
No Tiger rice cooker’s inner pot is not recommended to put in the dishwasher. Handwashing with warm soapy water and a soft sponge is the best way to clean it gently.
2. Can I use bleach or chlorine-based cleaners to disinfect my Tiger rice cooker?
No, don’t clean Tiger rice cookers using bleach or chlorine-based cleaners. Simply clean and sanitize your Tiger rice cooker using water and white vinegar solution.
3. How do I remove unpleasant odours from my Tiger rice cooker?
To eliminate any unpleasant odour, make a solution of one part water and one-part white vinegar. Pour the mixture into the inner pot up to the halfway point and let it sit for about 15 minutes. Then, rinse thoroughly with clean water and let it air dry.