As a homemaker, I always look for ways to make mealtime easier without sacrificing taste and nutrition. That’s why I enjoy using my Hamilton Beach rice cooker. This handy kitchen appliance takes the guesswork out of cooking rice and ensures every batch is perfectly fluffy and delicious. Today you get the most out of this rice cooker and simplify your mealtime routine.
Hamilton Beach rice cookers are a popular kitchen appliance in the rice cooker industry. These rice cookers come in different sizes and capacities to suit different needs, from single servings to gatherings. It has a control panel with easy-to-use buttons for cooking and warming. In this article, I will guide you step by step to the Hamilton Beach rice cooker, it’s unboxing, and its different instructions!
Table of Contents
Unboxing And Preparation
If you got your new Hamilton rice cooker, let’s unpack it together. I got my Hamilton Beach rice cooker model from Amazon for around $20. The box has a main unit with an LCD screen and five buttons. One button is for ON/OFF, and five others are for different cooking settings. Then you got the inner pot with a bit of measurement, a plastic rice spatula and a little streamer tray.
There is also a button on the lid, a steam vent and a little drip catcher on the side of the rice cooker. Before you start to cook rice in the rice cooker, make sure to rinse the essential accessories and dry them thoroughly. When you are done with this step, you are ready to go. Now let’s begin to know the rice-making process in the Hamilton Beach rice cooker.
How to Use Hamilton Beach Rice Cooker?
Hamilton rice cooker is a significant investment to cook rice every time with less effort. The rice cooker is available in budget-friendly options and of excellent quality. It is a great substitute for making rice on the stovetop because it takes less time and frees you from the hassle of constantly watching over it. Now, grab your Hamilton Beach rice cooker and get your first-hand experience.
How To cook rice
Here are instructions on how to use the Hamilton Beach rice cooker:
- Add the desired quantity of rice to the cooking pot. Then, fill the pot with water up to the related water line. For example, if you add two rice cups to the cooking pot, add water to the “2” line. Rotate the cooking pot left and right to secure it to the base.
- Plug the rice cooker into the circuit box. All lights on the digital panel will flash.
- Press the “select mode” button to choose between White Rice, Quick Rice, or Whole Grain functions. The light for the selected function will glow. Press the “start” button to begin cooking, or the unit will start automatically in 5 seconds.
- Once you select a mode, the default time of the mode will appear. The rice cooker will change the cooking time based on the quantity of rice and water in the cooker.
- When the rice is finished cooking, the cooker will switch to the “keep warm” mode, and the light will glow. The display will track the “keep warm” time for up to 12 hours.
|Type of Grain||Amount of Grain||Amount of Water||Cooking Time|
|White Rice||2 cups||fill to “2” line||15-25 mins|
|Brown Rice||2 cups||fill to “2” line||25-35 mins|
|Barely||1 cup||3 cups||36-38 mins|
|Farro||8 cups||fill to “8” line||53-55 mins|
|Millet||5 cups||10 cups||41-43 mins|
|Grits||1 cup||4 cups||13-15 mins|
How To Steam Food
Modern rice cookers are more versatile than traditional ones. It is not just about making rice. They come with a steaming basket or tray, allowing users to steam vegetables, fish, or other foods while the rice cooks. With rice cookers, when you steam food, it retains nutrients and flavor in the meal.
Here are the instructions to steam food in the Hamilton rice cooker:
- Fill the cooking pot with the desired amount of water.
- Place the steaming basket or tray inside the cooking pot. Make sure it sits securely in place.
- Add the food you want to steam to the steaming tray and distribute it evenly.
- Close the lid, click the ‘Select Mode’ and then ‘Cook Time’ to adjust the steam time.
- The display will appear ‘ON’ during the heating process and begin to count down the set time when steaming has started.
- If the water in the rice cooker completely evaporates, the rice cooker will make a beeping sound and the time left for cooking will blink on the display screen.
- Add more water and cook the food until it achieves the desired doneness.
|Type of Food||Amount of Food||Amount of Water||Cooking Time|
|Asparagus (sliced)||4 cups||2 cups||12–14 mins|
|Broccoli/florets||4 cups||2 cups||10–12 mins|
|Carrots (diced)||4 cups||2 cups||17–19 mins|
|Potatoes||4 cups||2 cups||19–21 mins|
|Chicken tenders||20 oz||2 cups||18–20 mins|
|Salmon/fillet||20 oz||2 cups||18–20 min|
|Prawns (peeled)||24 oz||2 cups||13-15mins|
If you want to cook grains like farro or grits in your rice cooker, we’ve got you covered! Check out our articles on how to make farro in a rice cooker and how to make grits in a rice cooker for hassle-free cooking.
Look no further than Hamilton Beach rice cooker instructions to improve your rice cooking skills. You can make delicious, fluffy rice every time with just a few simple steps. This rice cooker expands your culinary horizons to include other grains and dishes. So why wait? Start using the Hamilton Beach rice cooker today and elevate your rice game to the next level.