Have you ever tried to cook eggs on a stovetop and ended up with a messy spill or bad results? If so, then here comes your reliable rice cooker. It provides an easier and more convenient way to cook eggs. If you want to make, boil, or steam eggs, think out of the box and use your rice cooker.
For starters, the rice cooker eliminates the need for constant supervision, stirring, or flipping. Add water, place the eggs, and let the machine do the work. Moreover, due to their compact size and portability, rice cookers are perfect for dorm rooms, RVs, and other small living spaces with limited stove space.
In this guide, I will walk you through different ways of cooking eggs in a rice cooker and share some tips to get perfect results!
Table of Contents
Can You Make Eggs in a Rice Cooker?
When I cook eggs in a rice cooker, my friends and guests often get concerned that even if it is safe. Let me answer this: It is entirely safe to cook eggs in a rice cooker and come out ideally.
If I talk about its benefits, firstly, a rice cooker offers a more regulated cooking environment that ensures consistent results every time. You don’t need to worry about overcooked or undercooked eggs, as the machine will regulate your temperature and cooking time.
Secondly, here you can adjust the water level and cooking time to get your preferred level of doneness. Whether you like soft-boiled or hard-boiled eggs, a rice cooker can quickly meet your needs. This feature is helpful for those who have any nutritional preferences.
4 Different Ways to Cook Prefect Eggs in a Rice Cooker
Making eggs in a rice cooker is simple and doesn’t need much effort. Add water and eggs, set the timer, and you are ready. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the cooker, the number of eggs, and the amount of water you use. So, let’s find out different methods to make eggs in a rice cooker.
|Types of Eggs||Doughiness Level||Water Level||Temperature||Cook Time||Results|
|Hard Boiled Eggs||Firm||Enough to cover eggs completely||High||20-25 minutes||Fully cooked with a firm yolk|
|Scrambled Eggs||Soft and Moist||1 cup water per 2 beaten eggs||High||10-12 minutes||Light and fluffy scrambled eggs|
|Poached Eggs||Runny Yolk||Enough to cover eggs completely||High||4-6 minutes||Tender and delicate poached eggs with a runny yolk|
Frittata or Omelette
|Soft||1-2 tbsp water per 2 beaten eggs||Medium-Low||5-7 minutes||Fluffy and fully cooked omelette|
1. How to Cook Hard-Boiled Eggs in a Rice Cooker?
Cooking hard-boiled eggs is my breakfast favorite. You can enjoy them alone or with salad and protein-packed snacks. Here is the simple method to make hard-boiled eggs in a cooker.
Things You’ll Need
Instructions to Cook Hard-Boiled Eggs In A Rice Cooker
- Add cold water to the inner pot of the rice cooker.
- Then carefully place the eggs in the inner pot. Make sure the eggs are fully submerged in water.
- Close the rice cooker lid and set it to cook on the “white rice” setting. It will typically take 20-25 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle is complete, turn off the rice cooker and carefully remove the eggs from the pot using a spoon.
- Place the eggs in a bowl of ice water to cool them down.
- Peel the eggs by tapping them gently on a hard surface and rolling them to remove the shell.
- Finally, sprinkle a little salt and black pepper and serve.
2. How to Cook Scrambled Eggs in a Rice Cooker?
Scrambled eggs are a luxury to your nutritious diet, and savor every bite. They’re creamy, soft, and aromatic and cook in few minutes. How amazing is it? Let’s follow the easy steps to make scrambled eggs in a rice cooker.
Things You’ll Need
Instructions to Cook Scrambled Eggs In A Rice Cooker
- Preheat the rice cooker for a few minutes before you add any ingredients. It will ensure that the eggs cook evenly.
- Take a bowl, crack the eggs, and whisk them together with a fork. If you want creamier eggs, add a splash of milk at this point and whisk until combined.
- Add butter or cooking spray to oil coat the inner pot when the rice cooker is heated up.
- Pour in the egg mixture and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Then close the cooker’s lid, select Cook setting, and set the timer for 3 ½ mins. Check the eggs periodically to stir and break up any large pieces.
- Add toppings like cheese when the cooking process is complete.
3. How to Cook Poached Eggs in a Rice Cooker?
You don’t have to worry about the eggs splattering everywhere when you cook poached eggs in a rice cooker. Plus, the beauty of this method is that it doesn’t require a separate poaching pan and ensures consistent results every time.
Things You’ll Need
Instructions to Cook Poached Eggs In A Rice Cooker
- First, spray oil on the inner pot, then fill it with enough water to cover the bottom and place it in the rice cooker.
- Then grease the ramekins with oil and crack the eggs in them.
- Arrange the ramekins on a steaming tray, then place them inside the rice cooker. But make sure that the eggs are not touching the water.
- Close the lid and turn on the rice cooker.
- Set the Cook setting and let the eggs steam for 3-5 minutes.
- Once the eggs are done to your liking, carefully remove the steaming tray from the rice cooker.
- Use a spoon or spatula to gently slide the eggs out of the ramekins and onto a plate.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
4. How to Cook Frittata or Omelet in a Rice Cooker?
Unlike the traditional stovetop method, a rice cooker also allows you to cook your frittata or omelet. Follow the steps below and experiment with various ingredients for a savory frittata.
Things You’ll Need
Instructions to Cook Frittata or Omelet in a Rice Cooker
- Beat the eggs, cream, or milk in a mixing bowl until they are well combined.
- Add the ingredients to the mixing bowl, such as cheese or vegetables. Mix everything.
- Please turn on your rice cooker and let it preheat for a few minutes.
- Spray cooking spray or rub butter inside the pot and pour the egg mixture into the rice cooker.
- Close the cooker’s lid and let the frittata or omelet cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the frittata or omelet is fully cooked, please turn off the rice cooker and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Use a spatula to gently remove the frittata or omelet from the rice cooker, slice it up, and serve hot.
How can You Serve The Rice Cooker’s Eggs?
There are different ways to serve the eggs you make in a rice cooker. Here I share some ideas on how you can serve the eggs.
- As a side dish: Serve the rice cooker eggs as a side dish alongside other meals, such as steamed vegetables, grilled meats, or stir-fried dishes.
- In a salad: Slice the rice cooker eggs and add them to salads for extra protein and flavor. They work incredibly well in green, pasta, or potato salads.
- In a sandwich: To use eggs in a sandwich, slice them and use them as a filling. They pair well with bread, cheese, avocado, and various spreads such as mayonnaise, mustard, or pesto.
- On rice: Serve the eggs on steamed rice for a simple and satisfying meal. Add some soy sauce or hot sauce for extra flavor.
- With pasta: To serve the eggs with pasta, add eggs on the top of pasta dishes. It adds extra protein and richness to the dish. Do you know how to make pasta in a rice cooker? Check it out.
- As a snack: You can also enjoy eggs as a healthy and filling snack. Add salt and pepper, or your favorite seasoning, for extra flavor.
The rice cooker is a lifesaver when time is of the essence and you need to prepare dinner quickly. It’s an incredibly convenient appliance with the extra bonus of cooking rice and eggs simultaneously. Fear not if you struggle with making perfectly cooked eggs on the stove. Your rice cooker can easily handle steaming or boiling eggs with simple steps.
If you own an Aroma Rice cooker, we covered a complete guideline for using it. Its cleaning guide and Aroma rice cooker instructions for perfect rice cooking. Then find out it’s working today!
Do I need to add water to the rice cooker when cooking eggs?
You must add water when cooking eggs in a rice cooker like any other conventional method. The amount of water will depend on the type of eggs and the desired consistency. Generally, add enough water to cover the eggs by about 1 inch.
Can I cook other foods with the eggs in the rice cooker?
You may cook other foods in the rice cooker while cooking eggs. For example, add vegetables or rice to the pot to make a complete meal. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and water level accordingly.
How long does it take to cook eggs in a rice cooker?
The cooking time for eggs in a rice cooker varies depending on the desired consistency. Hard-boiled eggs typically take around 25 minutes, while soft-boiled eggs take 10-15 minutes. Scrambled eggs take just a few minutes.